A recent study by Discovery Health (Healthy company index 2011) showed the following trends:
- 82% of employees don’t meet the required physical activity guidelines
- 63% of employees are at an unhealthy weight and a further 25% are obese
- 76-100% of employees are inactive at work for at least half their working day
- 43.4% of all employees had 5 or more risk factors.
- 24.3% reported having one or more chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, lung disease and high cholesterol
The best investment a business can make is in the health and wellness of its human capital.
- Reduced sick leave
- Increased revenue
- Improved attitude
- Clearer thinking and decision-making
- Team building
- Overall stress reduction
- Improved motivation
- Healthy employees